Friday, April 11, 2014

Joy for the Journey

I find challenges very inspiring as they give me a direction to design my cards.  So lately, I pick a theme and sketch whenever I make a card.  Today I decided to give retrosketches #109 a second attempt and try out a new challenge - Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.  I picked the stamps first and decided to go vintage with it.  I then picked a recycled paper handmade using Starbucks serviette brown packaging and espresso ground, and gave it a texture.  The background on the card was stamped with a sanded background stamp and colored using distress inks.  Finally I sew the pieces together and add the embellishments.  I love sewing cards.  As I have trouble keeping things clean and simple, I find sewing giving my cards a higher definition of some sort. ^^ 

And I'm entering my cards for challenges below: 






Ingredients:
Card Stock: Popular Card - Dark Brown / Espresso & Ivory
Recycled Paper: Made of Starbucks serviette brown packaging + espresso ground
Stamps: Technique Tuesday - All Aboard, Verve Stamp - Joy for the Journey, SU - Sanded
Texture: Cuttlebug - Textured Script, SU/Sizzix - Square Lattice
Ribbon/Strings: Moyoyo - Light brown, Daiso - Strings
Other materials (no brand): Bronze brads, light brown button

2 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Yummy Distressed Grungy effect. Love the texture and the beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week on our journey at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Alrik Gerlach said...

Very nice project. The style is beautiful.