Thursday, April 17, 2014

Let a Smile be Your Umbrella


I had a direct swap request from a postcrosser and I decided to handmade postcards for her since she likes art.  I'm glad she likes the idea too.  Anyways, I used 2 challenges as a direction to make my first card.  Since one of them has the theme of "Umbrella", I decided to try out one of my newly bought second hand stamps with an umbrella.  Looove it!  However, as I was taking the picture in the afternoon with not very good sunlight, the color is a bit off.  Sorry about that.  And so I'm entering this postcard for challenges below:

Free Style Collage





Ingredients:
Card Stock: Popular Card - Grey, Espresso & Ivory
Patterned Paper: Jillibean - Southern Chicken Dumpling Soup
Stamp: SU - Font of You
Ink: VersaFine - Vintage Sepia
Other Materials (No brand): Pink Flower Petals

5 comments:

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Beautiful combination of these two challenges - the sentiment made me smile! So glad you joined us at the Card Concept!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love that texty umbrella! What a fun idea to do that kind of swap :) Thanks for coming to play with us at Seize the Sketch!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

What a fantastic image! That has to be the best umbrella stamp I have ever seen. Love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Sketch this week!

Lori said...

What a neat umbrella image! Thanks so much for joining us at STS this week xoxoxo

Karen D said...

I love the soft colours you have used Sheerah, a wonderful sentiment too. Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept.